Winter Sunshine

Winter Sunshine
Winter Sunshine in the Desert

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 18 July 23 Catching Up in Talkeetna, Alaska

After a short hundred mile drive south on the Parks Highway from Cantwell 8 miles from our boondock site, we are tucked into the only RV park in Talkeetna this afternoon, after four nights without hookups.  Time to catch up on laundry, to upload photos if possible, and catch up on the blog.  Who knows when I’ll ever get the chance to check in on the rest of the world, but it may not be right away. 

I have been posting blog entries by actual date traveled in addition to the day of our trip (see above title).  Since we have been away from the internet, you may have missed a few posts, so you are interested in knowing where we have been, check the archives to the left.

The new header photo is from last night’s beautiful boondock site along Joe Lake on the Denali Highway, just a short eight miles from the main Parks Highway and up 5 miles of gravel.  Instead of the beautiful isolation and quiet we enjoyed last night, we are now in Talkeetna Camper Park with electricity and water, lots of neighbors tight around us, 2 washing machines and one working dryer, and intermittent internet. I’m heading for the laundry room right now, hoping I can get enough of a connection to post the last few blogs from my LiveWriter. 

Wish me Luck!

It is interesting that I have to take my computer up to the office to get a decent connection while Mo happily surfs away with the Netbook using our WiFi booster purchased last December in Desert Hot Springs.  I still haven’t found  Windows 7 driver for the gadget, so I guess I am out of luck for the time being.

CaptureMiles driven today: 126

Road condition: excellent highway except for the repetitive joints to protect from frost heave.  Better than frost heave, though!

5 comments:

  1. Great header pic, but I still like the one with the dog in the water best so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it before and I will say it again..great header..the dog one was good too!..but this one is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kayaks add lovely color to the scenery; great header photo. Hope you wake up to warmer temps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice header photo, Sue! Love it.

    I was just reading your comments on E Squared and Mui as you were doing laundry and freezing! Hope you've got all your warm clothing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos as always. I don't think I would like that campground in Talkeetna either. Pretty close quarters.

    I have been looking for a WiFi booster for my laptop. Care to share what you found...brand, model?? I'm still running XP on my laptop so don't have the windows 7 issue. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments