Winter Sunshine

Winter Sunshine
Winter Sunshine in the Desert

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 5 St. Thomas and Magen's Bay

Our day in St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands was just as I imagined a day on a Caribbean beach would be. Again, the time in port was really short, but this time Mo and I had pre-reserved our excursion to Magen's Bay, listed by National Geographic as one of the top ten beaches in the world.

We disembarked and immediately boarded our open air bus to drive the steep curvy road over the island down to the beach. The air was tropical, there were lush tropical plants along the road, and the views were magnificent. Ahh. Once on the beach, we walked to the end where we found a delightful little nook with some shade and spent a couple of hours swimming, snorkeling, and sunning. It was perfect. The turquoise color of the water is the most amazing thing, although there weren't as many fish and the water wasn't as clear as it was last spring when we first snorkeled on Kauai. Still, it was great. Again, I wished for a lot more time to enjoy these ports, these islands, more time to explore them. It really was wonderful, and we soaked up every bit of sun and water and sky and white sand that we could.

It wasn't until I got back to the ship and uploaded my photos that I discovered that somehow my camera's setting reverted to a high ISO and all my St Thomas photos were extremely overexposed. Ahh, well, forgive me for the weird photos. There are plenty of good ones on the internet, however, just go to google and search for images of Magen's Bay. The color is real!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments